We have you covered with our vast services spanning the metalwork industry.CALL NOW TO GET STARTED
We help businesses stay in business.
Cutting edge technology.
Customer will need to be able to verify all dimensions of the part(s). If the customer can supply a .dxf or .dwg file, it would help with the programming.
(We do have software programs available for programming if you’re unable to provide a file)
• Our programmers will draw out the part in our BySoft 7 software and send the file to the laser machine.
• We determine which laser machine based on:
• Thickness of material
• Sheet Size ( 10k has a bigger bed so it can fit larger sheets of material)
• Once laser machine reads the file our laser operators will know what size of material to get from the stock racks. The laser bed reads from the 0 (zero) coordinates, so the material will be placed in that corner.
• Once the material is in the machine the laser will automatically read the sheet and its position to start cutting the part(s) by using a laser beam along with oxygen or nitrogen assist gas. This is determined by the thickness and material type.
• Aluminum and stainless steel always uses nitrogen
• Black Iron uses nitrogen for 3/8” or thinner material and oxygen for 3/8” or thicker material.
• The cutting head, where the laser beam comes out, has various sizes of nozzle tips that regulate the gases.
State of the art.
Here at Mcarthur sheet metal everything is computer designed in a 3 dimensional assembly to ensure a perfect fit and finish every time.
We utilize the precision of the design work coupled with the precision of the machines to provide a seamless fit and finish along with the ability to easily create hard and complex shapes and transitions in a fraction of the time.
This advanced modeling capability also allows customers to see there parts or project ahead of time and allows for them to make changes before anything hits the production floor.
We can bend sheet metal to the exact specifications you need.
Press brakes are one of the fastest ways of bending metal materials
• In this process a piece of metal material will be formed along a straight axis.
• Press brakes use a punch and die sets also known as tooling to create v-shaped, u-shaped, and even a channel -shaped product.
• This will help achieve a very high quality bending in the end of the product making.
• The technology that we have with our machines will allow the 3k and 10k lasers to communicate with both press brakes (Xact Smart 225 and Xpert 80) through the BySoft 7 software.
• The programmers will make a bend file to send to the machines.
• This will tell the machines exactly what part is being bent. With the automation technology the machines have the operators will just have to insert the part accordingly to the screen and run a foot pedal to lower the punch and die set to properly bend the part.